Recipe by Sunflour
I found this recipe in a recipe review on epicurious and it is indeed delicious. In fact, I will never have to search for banana bread recipes again... and you don't either.
Top Review by christalovesotto
Great simple recipe! For one batch, I added a box of instant vanilla pudding, chocolate chips and walnuts; the other batch just chocolate chips and walnuts. Both were SO good! Thank you for posting this! I never need another banana bread recipe again!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour (I substituted 1/4 cup with whole wheat flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed walnuts (I actualy forgot to add them and loved the recipe even without the nuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add bananas and eggs, beat well.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda in separate bowl.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Pour batter in a 9x5 loaf pan (greased ond floured).
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.