Recipe by Sherri L.
I don't remember where I found this recipe. But it is really moist and makes 2 loafs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup stick margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (generally 3 to 4 medium bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (See note below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottoms only of 2 loaf pans.
- Mix sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in eggs until thoroughly blended.
- Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pans. Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf an hour and a half.
- If you don't have any buttermilk on hand, mix 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice or white vinegar with 1/2 cup milk or substitute yogurt.