Recipe by Scott Nyenhuis
Yet another Banana Bread recipe. I sometimes add nuts or chocolate chips.
Top Review by Laura in Spain
What a faaaabulous recipe. I chose this one because of the little amount of butter required. I opted for the milk instead of the sour cream...can only imagine it´s even better with sour cream (likcing lips). I live in Spain where the flour is different, and I haven´t had the best of luck texture-wise baking mom´s best this and mom´s best that...until today. What can I say, it was everything banana bread should be.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter together, add egg, bananas and sour cream, mix well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together, stir into banana mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake about 50 minutes at 375 degrees or until tooth pick comes out clean.