Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe can also be made as muffins, but I prefer it in a loaf. It's very moist and the oats also make it hearty.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt (some of this can be applesauce)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease 9x5-inch loaf pan or spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in oats.
- Combine egg, yogurt, milk, and bananas in a medium-size bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until done. Cool in pan before removing.
- Tip: This loaf is very good frozen and reheated. Cut into pieces before freezing so you won't have to defrost the whole loaf at once.