Recipe by MilanzMom
Dr. Andrew Weil's version of this bread is a bit more heart healthy with the use of canola oil and the use of honey for sweetness.
Top Review by Chele's Corner
Very good banana bread. Used pecans and had to look up substitute for whole wheat pastry flour(half whole wheat flour and half all purpose.) It also need to bake and additional 10-15 min.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
- Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.