Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the best banana bread I have ever made. Perfect for using those bananas that are still good but look too brown for someone to want to eat them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour the loaf pan Mash bananas and add flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and egg.
- Mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
This was easy for a beginner like me. I was surprised there was no salt, and it was needed. I added a teaspoon of cinnimon and a touch of all-spice.
This recipe was very easy to make and had minimal clean-up which I liked very much...I added nuts to half the recipe and they turned out wonderful!
Very simple; very good. It went fast in our house!