1/8 Photos of Banana Bread
1 hr 5 mins
1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup almonds, ground (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (4 medium)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice and nutmeg together in bowl.
- 4Add lemon zest and almonds.
- 5Stir until combined.
- 6Set aside. Beat butter in large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- 7Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- 8Add eggs and beat until thoroughly blended.
- 9Beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until mixture is well blended.
- 10Pour into prepared pan.
- 11Bake in center of oven 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 13Invert from pan and cool completely on rack.
- 14Variation: Banana-walnut or -pecan bread: Omit almonds.
- 15Add 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans with bananas.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.2
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 434.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g