1 hr 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour,baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice and nutmeg together in bowl.
- Add lemon zest and almonds.
- Stir until combined.
- Set aside. Beat butter in large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until mixture is well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Invert from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Variation: Banana-walnut or -pecan bread: Omit almonds.
- Add 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans with bananas.