Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Alpha-Bakery childrens cookbook put out by Gold Medal Flour when I was a kid. I used to love cooking up all these recipes with my mom!
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml bananas, mashed (3 large)
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Grease loaf pan with shortening, using a pastry brush.
- Mix sugar, bananas, oil, and eggs in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 60-70 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf from pan and remove. Let cool completely before slicing.
I like that the recipe uses oil instead of butter, that's healthier and budget friendly. I added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips with the chopped nuts. I live at a high altitude (3500 ft+ above sea level) and found I had to add 20 minutes to the baking time.