Recipe by wife2abadge
I love this cake-like banana bread. I orginally got the recipe from the Lincoln Christian Nursing Home Cookbook. The original recipe calls for 1 cup of chopped walnuts, but I always leave them out.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in bananas.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.