Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe from our family cookbook by Lenore Sprout Vaught. It's my favorite banana bread. I really like it because it's easy to make and is always moist. She reccommends slicing it thin and making sandwiches with cream cheese, then cutting into small pieces, which she says is great for a party. Personally I prefer more walnuts in it; I would put in 1 cup, and prefer almost overripe bananas, as they have a lot of flavor.
- Mix sugar, egg and shortening.
- Blend flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix with sugar mixture until blended.
- To this add the bananas, vanilla and nuts.
- Put in a loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.