Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is abolutely delicious! I came from a church cook book, but its great!
Make and share this Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2⁄3 cups bananas, mashed with fork, about 3
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (or butter)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together.
- Peel and mash banana's in a bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat shortening(or butter) and gradually add sugar.
- Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into creamed mixture, beat well after each addtition.
- Stir flour mixture and banana's alternately into creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into well greased loaf pan.
- Batter should look slightly lumpy with banana's
- Bake for abuot 1 hours and 10 minutes.
- Test bread with toothpick(comes out clean and dry).
- Cool in pan on wire rack, should look golden brown, and have a crack in the middle.
Very simple and easy recipe. I did use 4 bananas (didn't measure) and added 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring. Also I greased and floured my loaf pan to prevent sticking. The top of the loaf was nice and crispy, and the inside very moist. Thanks for sharing!