Recipe by LizCl
The best banana bread. It's the buttermilk that makes it great. Everyone who has tried this bread loves it.
- 1 cup banana, mashed, the riper the better
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup walnuts or 1⁄2-1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk or 1⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt, plus
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk or 1 tablespoon nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients, including sugar. In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in nuts. Pour into a greased 9 inch x 5 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is golden and splits slightly, about 1 hour.