Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I would almost bake this bread just so I can enjoy its sweet aroma all through the house. It is sooooooo good
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (add honey along w/bananas) or 2⁄3 cup honey (add honey along w/bananas)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, cut into above until crumbly
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Cut flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, sugar and butter in with fork.
- Mix bananas and eggs with spoon until moistened.
- After mixture has been mixed together, pour into greased loaf pan and bake 45 minutes at 350F degrees.
I like this recipe alot. For now its only a four star rating recipe. To make it a five star recipe. Add half a cup (or to your likinig) of chopped walnuts. That right there kicks it up another star. But overall its a great recipe.
This was my first time making banana bread and I for one was shocked at how easy it was to make and at how well it tasted. If I would have known how simple it was I would have started making it many years ago. My kids tasted it, and then asked for more, and more.... I added nuts the seconed time I made it, and it tastes great both ways. Some of my kids like it with the nuts, the others like it without.. IT'S GREAT!!
super simple banana bread...moist and tasty to boot. i agree with the previous review - nuts would have been a nice addition. i'll give it a shot next time!