Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this from a friend and it was scrumptious!
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup yoghurt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix oil, sugar, water, yoghurt, eggs, bananas and lemon juice.
- Mix separately flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, vanilla and walnuts.
- Combine the two mixtures making sure not to overmix.
- Bake in a preheated 190°C oven for 50miins.
I made this into jumbo muffins (20 minutes at 375 was perfect) and took them to class for all to enjoy. To try to make it a little healthier (and because I didn't have all the ingredients), I used low-fat sour cream instead of yogurt and applesauce instead of oil (same measurements), and approx. 3/4 t of cinnamonOh. Also, though I'm a little embarassed to admit it, chocolate chips instead of walnuts.