Recipe by Shakin_Bakin_Mom
This is THE best Banana bread I've ever had and the one my kids beg me for and also the one I make for X-mas gifts every year. I found this recipe in an old Settlement cookbook (my favorite cookbook) and it's extremely easy to make. It has just the right amount of moist flavor and is great either chilled or at room temperature. This bread freezes well too and is easiest to slice when it's cold. Enjoy!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
this was a very nice banana bread.made my kitchen smell wonderful as it was baking.i spread one slice with peanut butter as you can tell from the pictures,and the peanut butter didn't overpower the banana taste at all.thank you for posting.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 ripe bananas (2 if large)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and the salt together.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mash bananas until there are no large chunks.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk to the butter and sugar mixture and mix together.
- Add to flour mixture alternately.
- When well blended, pour into a greased bread pan and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.