Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made this bread for Christmas for the last 25 years. It makes a wonder food gift and will add so much to your holiday meals.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Fill liners 3/4 full and bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
I made this recipe on the weekend. It was great. I used butter shortening. Everyone loved it.
I have been looking for that banana bread recipe that would take me back to my grandma's kitchen. i found it!!This recipe is so simple , my 9 year old son loves to make it for friend , family and his teachers .
I agree with Melou on the temp, it should be 350 F not 325 F. I also agree with the other chef that used the butter flavored shortening. It makes it flavorful and moist :-) I've made this recipe three times now so it's the one I go to now :-)