Recipe by WI Cheesehead
Wheat bran adds a little more nutrition to this already healthy bread. I tweaked this a bit and it turned out very good.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted margarine
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream together sugar and margarine.
- Add beaten eggs, bananas, zucchini, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, bran, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl to make sour milk and add to batter.
- Grease and flour two bread pans and divide batter evenly between them.
- Bake at 375° F for 50-60 min, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks. Makes 2 loaves.