1/1 Photo of Banana Bran Scones--Cooking Light
These are tasty little nuggets from Cooking Light. They're not too sweet but just right. I think next time I make them I will add dried cranberries or some nuts, as IMO they need some more texture. When I made them I used white wheat flour and regular milk, and I'm sure buttermilk would be lovely. II also sprinkled with cinnamon sugar instead of plain granulated, and I bet turbinado would be nice as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (about 2)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fat-free buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a food processor; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Combine banana and brown sugar in a medium bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add flour mixture and 1/4 cup buttermilk alternately to banana mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 4Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 1 1/2 minutes with floured hands. Pat dough into a 6-inch circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut dough into 8 wedges, cutting into, but not through, dough. Brush 1 1/2 teaspoons buttermilk over surface of dough; sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; cool on wire racks.Preheat oven to 400°.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bran Scones--Cooking Light
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 183.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: