Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These high fiber muffins are made from all whole grains, are extremely low fat and have no sugar added. They are chewy, but not too dense.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, 100%
- 2 cups wheat bran, unprocessed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 4 egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) can white grape juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the mashed banana, egg whites, and juice concentrate.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients stirring as little as possible until just combined.
- Spoon into greased muffins cups. (This recipe will make 18 standard muffins or 12 jumbo).
- Bake for 25 minutes. (30 if making jumbo muffins).
Oh yeah! These are good! When I found that I had a whole bunch of bananas going bad fast, I also found that I had apple juice concentrate and this called for grape. So I used the apple (and, well, I couldn't resist throwing about 1/3 of a bag of chocolate chips into the second half of the batter.) So, these are good and moist and (of course!) the chocolate chip ones are fabulous! Reviewed for Pick-A-Chef.