Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthier muffin that's still tender and tasty! This is a great way to use up those brown bananas you're about to throw away. Best served warm :)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml oat bran
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 22.18 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract and eggs in the bowl of a mixer. Stir to combine.
- In another large bowl, combine the flours, oat bran, baking powder and soda, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two batches and mix on low speed until just combined. Do not over mix or your muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins to 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tsp cinnamon and 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar. Sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. I recommend rotating the tin halfway through baking for even cooking.