The Australian Kira's Note:
I got it from my lovely hostsister in Canberra! The Muffins are nice and you can eat as much as you want, because they are healthy. Cause of the apple sauce there don't need to be any butter in it. So enjoy the muffin and eat whenever you want to!! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray.
- 2Beat egg whites and sugar for one minute in a medium sice mixing bowl.
- 3Stear bicarb soda into apple sauce (it will froth) then add to bowl with banana, cinnamon and milk.
- 4In another mixing bowl mix flour and bran.
- 5Gently fold the flour-bran mixture to the other mixture in one go. Do NOT beat as this will make the muffins tough. ;).
- 6Once mixtures are combined ( can look a bit lumpy :P) spoon equally into prepared muffin tins.
- 7Bake about 20 minutes or until firm to touch in centre.
- 8Allow muffins to sit in tin fo r5 minutes before turning into a wire rack to cool.
- 9For people who like banana and chocolate (like me) can mix chocolate chips in step 3 or 5, but before spoon into muffin tins. It tast awsome! But of corse try yourself and combine muffins with different stuff.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 41.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g