Recipe by The Australian Kira
I got it from my lovely hostsister in Canberra! The Muffins are nice and you can eat as much as you want, because they are healthy. Cause of the apple sauce there don't need to be any butter in it. So enjoy the muffin and eat whenever you want to!! :D
- cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (in jar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup processed natural bran
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites and sugar for one minute in a medium sice mixing bowl.
- Stear bicarb soda into apple sauce (it will froth) then add to bowl with banana, cinnamon and milk.
- In another mixing bowl mix flour and bran.
- Gently fold the flour-bran mixture to the other mixture in one go. Do NOT beat as this will make the muffins tough. ;).
- Once mixtures are combined ( can look a bit lumpy :P) spoon equally into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until firm to touch in centre.
- Allow muffins to sit in tin fo r5 minutes before turning into a wire rack to cool.
- For people who like banana and chocolate (like me) can mix chocolate chips in step 3 or 5, but before spoon into muffin tins. It tast awsome! But of corse try yourself and combine muffins with different stuff.