Recipe by MizzNezz
A favorite breakfast bread. A little richer than most.
Top Review by SaraFish
These are scrumptious! I took a few liberties with the recipe and the results are really yummy. I used 1 cup of bran flakes instead of the all-bran and I used 1/4 cup of milk instead of the orange juice (to moisten the bran flakes). I increased the baking soda to 1 teaspoon and I also added a teaspoon of vanilla and a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Don't skip the raisins and the walnuts, they really added delicious taste and texture to the muffins. It took about 5 small mashed bananas to equal just over a cup and a half. Also - with the changes I made, I ended up with 18 muffins. Be sure to spray your muffins cups with Pam. Wonderful! Thanks, Inez!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, bananas and orange.
- Mix flour,cereal,soda, and salt.
- Stir flour mix, raisins,and nuts into creamed mixture.
- Mix just enough to blend.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.