Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are different from the usual banana or bran muffin. Recipe source:Bon Appetit (November 1985)
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup banana, mashed (3 bananas)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped (or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line muffin tins with paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl mix first 7 ingredients together (cereal - lemon juice).
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients (flour - salt).
- Stir dates (or raisins) into dry ingredients.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in banana/cereal mixture; stirring well until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 5 minutes in pans before turning out onto cooling rack.
Although I love dates, I skipped them in this recipe. The recipe didn't miss them at all. Nice combination of the bran and bananas. We'll make these again.