Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this off of a cereal box. I'm vegan so I use the egg replacer and soy milk, but feel free to use a real egg and regular milk.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal (flakes)
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegan egg replacer powder
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease or paper line 12 (2 1/2 in) muffin cups.
- Mix together egg replacer powder and water. Set aside.
- Combine cereal, banana, milk, 'egg,' and oil in medium bowl; mix well.
- Let stand 5 minutes; stir to break up cereal.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add cereal and banana mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.