Recipe by BestTeenChef
These aren't to sweet which is what I like about them. Also they are healthy and filling! Hope you enjoy them
Top Review by PaulaG
This is a great way to use up over ripe bananas. I followed the recipe to include waiting the 1 hour. Next time around, I think I will use banana extract in place of the vanilla and toss in some chopped pecans. These are a nice healthy muffin which is great with peanut butter. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana (1 small)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, pour boiling water over bran; let stand for one hour.
- Mix in banana, sugar, egg, oil, vanilla, and lemon rind.
- Mix together flour, skim milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to bran mixture, stirring just until combined but not over mixing.
- Spoon into lightly greased or paper-lined muffins cps, filling to top.
- Bake in 400 F(200 C) over for 15-18 minutes or until golden and tops are firm to the touch.