1/2 Photos of Banana, Bran and Prune Muffins
This my own concoction, It contains more bran than flour and prunes as well. This should get you "going" and it's so good for you.Nothing has to be exact in the measurements. For extra nutrition I added ground flax seed and ground Salba, also Kretchmer wheat germ. This is not a sweet muffin, if you want more sugar just increase the brown sugar. If you don't know what Salba is I found this explanation very informative. The zaar computer will not accept Salba as an ingredient so I'm adding here. 1/8 cup Salba (optional Salba® is packed with more energizing nutrition than any other vegetable source, even Flax. After more than a decade of testing, no single food known to man can match Salba’s® nutritional power. This ancient grain is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, with an optimal Omega 3 to 6 ratio, beneficial fibre, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin C, Potassium, vegetable proteins plus vital age-fighting antioxidants. Clinical studies suggest Salba’s® unique nutritional make-up can: help boost energy levels, reduce blood pressure, improve your heart health, promote balanced blood sugar, aid in hunger management, promote healthy weight loss and support easy digestion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml natural bran
- 236.59 ml flour (I use whole wheat)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas, to make about 1 3/4 cups when mashed
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml oil, like canola is good
- 354.88 ml prunes, chopped
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped (optional)
- 28.39 ml flax seed, ground (optional)
- 28.39 ml wheat germ (optional)
- 1Turn oven on to 375°.
- 2Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- 3Mix cut up prunes into flour mixture using your hands so you can separate the pieces and each piece gets coated with flour mixture.
- 4You can mash all bananas or you can do what I do and slice one of them.
- 5In smaller bowl mix all wet ingredients including bananas until well mixed.
- 6Add wet ingredients to dry and fold to mix gently.
- 7Don't over mix.
- 8Spoon into paper lined or greased muffin tins.
- 9I make 6 giant muffins or you can make 12 ordinary size muffins.
- 10Baking time will vary from about 20 minutes for regular size to 30 minutes for giant size.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana, Bran and Prune Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.1
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 376.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g