Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
A quickly fried wonton-based dessert. Saved for me to make later, but if you try it, please let me know how you like it. I estimate about 4 bowties per person, but hey, you can eat the whole batch while hiding in the linen closet... I won't tell!
Top Review by Angel91805
YUMMY! Wonderful and fun for the little ones to help make! Sometimes we will leave out the nuts and add a few tablespoons of the mini chocolate chips to the bananas...then you have a hot, gooey chocolaty goodness! Since we put the chocolate inside w/ the nanners, we dust a little powdered sugar over top and it is pretty enough to serve company!
- 1 cup peeled chopped ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 20 square wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- chocolate syrup, to drizzle
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine banana, nuts and sugar; mix gently.
- Lay wonton on work surface. Brush edges with egg. Center teaspoonful of banana filling in center. Fold wrapper in half, pressing edges to seal. Pinch center to form bowtie. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 3/4" oil to 350°F Add bowties and cook in small batches until golden, about 1 minute per side. Transfer with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Place on plate and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Down the old hatch they go!