1/2 Photos of Banana Bourbon French Toast
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This is very rich and delicious and is perfect for impressing your company. I love it, but usually scale it down quite a bit since it's just me. It's in my B&B arsenal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make sauce: In a small pan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat; carefully add bananas and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from stove and add bourbon; return to flame and continue simmering an additional 2 minutes. Cover and keep warm until ready to use.
- 2To make batter: In a large bowl, whisk eggs and salt. Add vanilla. Pour in cream, continuing to whisk until well blended.
- 3Melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Dip each bread slice in batter and cook each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- 4Transfer 2 bread slices to individual plates and top with banana slices and sauce. Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bourbon French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.7
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 352.3 mg
- Sodium 667.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 70.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g