Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is very rich and delicious and is perfect for impressing your company. I love it, but usually scale it down quite a bit since it's just me. It's in my B&B arsenal.
Top Review by Cristin
WOW! What a Father's Day treat for DH! Made this with Brioche Loaf # 94536 and it was fabulous! Simple, yummy and very filling. The only change I made -- due to personal preference was I substituted Captain Morgan's Rum for the Bourbon and added a splash of Banana Liquor with a little nutmeg as this is how I usually make Banana's Foster. Great recipe! Thanks for posting!
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cream (you may sub in half & half)
- 8 slices thick white bread (I use Texas Toast)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make sauce: In a small pan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat; carefully add bananas and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from stove and add bourbon; return to flame and continue simmering an additional 2 minutes. Cover and keep warm until ready to use.
- To make batter: In a large bowl, whisk eggs and salt. Add vanilla. Pour in cream, continuing to whisk until well blended.
- Melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Dip each bread slice in batter and cook each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Transfer 2 bread slices to individual plates and top with banana slices and sauce. Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar.