1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas (pureed in a food processor or blender)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Bourbon
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare a 10" bundt pan by lightly spraying with non-stick, or use a non-stick pan.
- 3Make sure all the ingredients are room temperature, including the eggs.
- 4Toss the pecans with 1/4 cup of the flour and set aside.
- 5Sift together the remaining dry ingredients and set aside.
- 6Cream the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy.
- 7Add the bananas and mix until incorporated.
- 8Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- 9On low speed, mix in the flour in 3 parts alternating with the bourbon, beginning and ending with the flour.
- 10Gently fold in the pecans and the chocolate.
- 11Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 12Let the cake cool for a 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- 13For the sauce: Heat the cream and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- 14Remove from the heat.
- 15Whisk the yolks together in a large stainless steel bowl, and place the bowl on top of a wet towel.
- 16Temper in the cream by slowly, in a tiny stream, pouring the cream into the yolks while constantly whisking.
- 17As you get more cream into the yolks, you can pour a little faster until all the cream is incorporated into the yolks.
- 18Pour the mixture back into the pot and cook over very low heat JUST until it starts to thicken, stirring constantly.
- 19DO NOT BOIL.
- 20Keep the heat low or you'll have scrambled eggs.
- 21Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, then add the bourbon.
- 22Cool completely and serve with the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bourbon Cake With Bourbon Creme Anglaise
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.3
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 270.4 mg
- Sodium 160.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: