Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's wonderful.
Make and share this Banana Bourbon Cake With Bourbon Creme Anglaise recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas (pureed in a food processor or blender)
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 ounces Bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 10" bundt pan by lightly spraying with non-stick, or use a non-stick pan.
- Make sure all the ingredients are room temperature, including the eggs.
- Toss the pecans with 1/4 cup of the flour and set aside.
- Sift together the remaining dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy.
- Add the bananas and mix until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- On low speed, mix in the flour in 3 parts alternating with the bourbon, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Gently fold in the pecans and the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for a 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- For the sauce: Heat the cream and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the yolks together in a large stainless steel bowl, and place the bowl on top of a wet towel.
- Temper in the cream by slowly, in a tiny stream, pouring the cream into the yolks while constantly whisking.
- As you get more cream into the yolks, you can pour a little faster until all the cream is incorporated into the yolks.
- Pour the mixture back into the pot and cook over very low heat JUST until it starts to thicken, stirring constantly.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Keep the heat low or you'll have scrambled eggs.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, then add the bourbon.
- Cool completely and serve with the cake.