Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From vegweb.com. It got really good reviews over there, so I'm putting it here to try at some point. Plus, it's almost fat-free...no margarine, oil, etc...yummy and healthy!
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cinnamon, amount you desire
- Mash the bananas (better if they're a bit overripe) until not quite smooth and mix in the sugar and vanilla until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together, then add to the banana mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour into a standard sized loaf pan that has been coated with a THIN layer of baking spray (you can also use a 9X13 baking dish - you don't need to spray it if its glass though) and sprinkle some cinnamon on the top, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for one hour.
Can a recipe really be this easy, this healthy and this good??? It went together super fast and it was really really good! Definitely a keeper!!
Loved it! Never thought a low-fat banana bread could taste this good. We substituted half the flour with whole wheat pastry flour for a healthier touch. Will definitely make this again!