Recipe by Mom2C
Great healthy white and wheat flour blueberrry and banana muffins. I combined two recipes found online and tweaked a little to make these yummy treats.
Top Review by MommaEllen
Oh so good! My kids snarfed them down, leaving me only 1! It took about 2 bananas to make the 1.5 cups. I used my KAM and frozen blueberries (lightly dusted with flour to keep them from sticking together), which added about 5 minutes to the baking time. Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe! Made for Spring PAC 09.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan. Or you can use muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, butter and baking soda. Mix, then mix in the bananas, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.