Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Great healthy white and wheat flour blueberrry and banana muffins. I combined two recipes found online and tweaked a little to make these yummy treats.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan. Or you can use muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, butter and baking soda. Mix, then mix in the bananas, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Oh so good! My kids snarfed them down, leaving me only 1! It took about 2 bananas to make the 1.5 cups. I used my KAM and frozen blueberries (lightly dusted with flour to keep them from sticking together), which added about 5 minutes to the baking time. Thank you for sharing this healthy recipe! Made for Spring PAC 09.
We enjoyed these muffins very much. I especially liked that they were made more healthy. I often like to replace regular flour with some whole wheat flour, so this recipe really caught my eye. In the directions, it did not say whether to mix by hand or a mixer. I usually prepare muffins by creaming the butter and sugar together first, in a mixer. For this recipe, I assumed it meant to do it all by hand. It seemed to work just fine! Next time I make these, I think I will try adding some applesauce because I'd like my muffins to be a little bit sweeter (and still healthy) and moister. Thanks for posting your healthy creation. It made 13 really BIG muffins! ~Made for Spring PAC~