Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These sundaes make a delicious and refreshing treat on a hot summer day. They hit the spot without using a whole lot of fat or calories. This recipe was created for RSC Contest #12.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free chocolate syrup, such as Hershey's
- 1 cup blueberry sorbet
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup light non-dairy whipped topping
- In medium bowl, mix blueberries, sugar and lemon or lime juice.
- Let stand until sugar is dissolved and blueberries are juicy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Divide sorbet, banana slices, vanilla ice cream and blueberry sauce among 4 dessert dishes.
- Drizzle each serving with chocolate syrup and whipped topping, evenly.
I loved using the fresh blueberries in season now for this sundae. The sorbet was delicious in this. I used lime juice and homemade whipped topping.