Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I drink a smoothie containing flax oil three days per week (M-W-F) for the 8 grams of omega-3. The recommendation from the US government agencies is usually 1.5 to 2 teaspoons of flax oil per day to supply omega-3 fatty acids for a 2000 kcal diet, although my naturopath recommends 1 T per day.
- 1 banana, chilled (or not)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup fresh blueberries, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- Add all ingredients except flax oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into measuring cup or other vessel.
- Stir in flax oil.
- When done, check teeth for blueberry bits!
Mm, a very nice breakfast on the way to work. Simple, easy and tasty. I did however end up with blueberry bits in my teeth by the time I got to work... but a great smoothie non the less! Thanks Netgirl.
I found this just as yummy as Netgirl’s Smoothie #3 (banana-raspberry) Smoothie #3 (banana-raspberry), and I am really pleased to have found both recipes because they have both used such wonderfully healthy ingredients. I’ve made and enjoyed this several times now. This morning, I added a handful of sunflower seeds, and some Greek yoghurt, simply because they are ingredients I often use in smoothies. This is a recipe that can easily be modified or adapted to accommodate such taste preferences. I’ve made this for Pick a Chef 2006. Thank you Netgirl for a fabulous recipe!
Made this for a fast breakie a while ago, and it was very satisfying. Thanx