Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A few weeks ago I was watching an episode of Jon and Kate Plus Eight that included a recipe for similar pancakes. After searching for the exact recipe, I decided to make up one of my own. This tasty, quick and easy recipe will please the entire family.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, butter, bananas and vanilla.
- Stir until well blended and smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter onto greased, preheated griddle or skillet.
- Once bubbles begin to appear in the batter, flip only once.
- Cook until the pancakes until light brown color.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Tip: Can be served with whipped cream, maple or blueberry syrup and powdered sugar.
I felt that the batter was VERY thin for this pancake recipe. I had a very hard time not burning the pancakes to pieces. I also found that the number of servings was off. I got 9 large pancakes out of this recipe. The pancakes did have a good banana flavor, when I was able to not burn them to death.
The best pancakes I have ever had, hands down! Light, fluffy, and amazing in flavor, they didn't even need any toppings! As a bonus, they were extremely easy to make.