Recipe by Nicazz
I make these whenever I have bananas that have gone brown. The original recipe calls for blueberries, but I've always used chocolate chips. You can substitute half of the flour with whole wheat flour for healthier, equally tasty, muffins.
- 3⁄4 cup banana, pureed (about 1.5 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir into bowl. Stir in yougurt. Fold in blueberries or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F, or until muffin tops are firm to touch.