Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tasty bread is even better the day after it's cooked! From the "Texas Church Supper and Family Reunion Cookbook."
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and oats.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Beat in the eggs and oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in nuts and blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
Delicious Bread. I had some ripe bananas to use and this recipe was just the right fit. I love the addition of the blueberries and oatmeal. The only change I made was to use half brown and half white sugar, and also added flax seed meal.. Thank you loof another winner.
Wonderful bread! I used pecans instead of walnuts and frozen blueberries. The oatmeal was a nice addition and I will make this bread for us again soon! Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's Best of 2012 recipe tag.
Very good bread. We used 1/2 white and half whole wheat flour and skipped the walnuts. We used a small loaf pan and also a mini loaf pan (for the freezer). Thanks for sharing!