Recipe by loof
This tasty bread is even better the day after it's cooked! From the "Texas Church Supper and Family Reunion Cookbook."
Top Review by kittycatmom
Delicious Bread. I had some ripe bananas to use and this recipe was just the right fit. I love the addition of the blueberries and oatmeal. The only change I made was to use half brown and half white sugar, and also added flax seed meal.. Thank you loof another winner.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and oats.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Beat in the eggs and oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in nuts and blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.