Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
bananas, blueberries, apple butter, whole wheat flour and oat bran.
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a medium muffin tin by lining with muffin paper or brushing/spraying with oil.
- Sift flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add oat bran, and nutmeg, Stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Puree bananas add apple butter, vanilla, brown sugar, buttermilk and vegetable oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over mix or the muffins will be tough. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
Great muffins! I used all whole wheat flour instead of white, but changed nothing else. Fabulous texture and flavor!
I can't give this recipe any stars because I think I changed it too much and it wouldn't really be fair. I was getting everything ready to make the muffins and I noticed there is no egg in the ingredients. Eggs help bind the ingredients together and I was sceptical of trying it without one so I decided to add only two bananas to equal 1/2 cup and I added one large egg to the batter. I also increased the sugar to 1/2 cup, used wheat bran instead of oat bran because it was all I had, and added 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. I let the wheat bran soak in the milk while I got the rest of the ingredients together. I think if I made these again I'd make them with my changes and I'd reduce the salt to 1/4 tsp. I baked them for about 25 minutes and they were great muffins but unfortunately I changed the recipe so much that it's really not even the same recipe anymore so I thought I'd just leave a comment rather than give it a rating with stars. Thank You.