This recipe is from "Better Homes and Gardens,Best Bread Machine recipes". I have made a LOT of bread, and this is at the top #1 spot on my list. And surprise! Its even better cold! I used ocean spray craisens in place of blueberries,They are cranberries that are cherry flavored. I also substituted 1/4 cup wheat gluten, and 1/4 cup milled flax seed for some of the flour, and used 2 Tablespoons sugar and the rest was splenda.I had some frozen banana so I used that. . (Those are my personal changes, to make it a little healthier.) For 2 pound loaf, your machine must hold 10 cups or more. This is for a 2 pound loaf of bread. Servings are a guess, since I had to list something. This loaf rises nice and high, so its a big sized loaf. Time is a guess as it doesn't take but minutes to throw it in the machine, and I didn't pay attention to the machine time, so the time is a guess .
- 177.44 ml buttermilk (I found I needed just a dab more)
- 158.51 ml mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 19.71 ml margarine or 19.71 ml butter
- 946.36 ml bread flour
- 59.14 ml sugar (I used about 2 T. sugar, and the rest was splenda)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 6.16 ml bread machine yeast
- 118.29 ml dried blueberries or 118.29 ml dried tart cherry, snipped
- Follow the directions given with your own personal bread machine for adding ingredients.