Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A good way to use up those old bananas. I use frozens ones in my breads.
- 236.59 ml canned blueberries or 236.59 ml frozen blueberries
- 354.88 ml flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 11.09 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml banana, mashed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml salad oil
- Oven temp to 350F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oats.
- To the dry ingredients, add eggs, salad oil and bananas; mix until combined.
- Distribute blueberries evenly through batter.
- Turn into greased and floured 8x5" loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min.
- Cool in pan 10 min.
- ,remove and cool completely before slicing.
- Yields: 1 loaf.
This is a very easy and tasty cake.I am hopeless when it comes to baking but it came out beautifully soft and moist.I added a touch of cinnamon and next time I will also add some walnuts.Thank you for posting this lovely recipe.
Not too sweet, but I topped it off with clear sugar crystals for extra texture and sweetness
This was an exceptional recipe. It took no time at all to prepare. I chose to use fresh bananas and fresh blueberries. I coated the blueberries in about a tablespoonful of flour prior to adding them to the batter. This way it kept the bread from turning purple.<br/>This recipe has been added to my collection and I will be making this loaf again very soon. Thank you, Bliss.