Recipe by ~Bliss~
A good way to use up those old bananas. I use frozens ones in my breads.
Top Review by david50leaf
This is a very easy and tasty cake.I am hopeless when it comes to baking but it came out beautifully soft and moist.I added a touch of cinnamon and next time I will also add some walnuts.Thank you for posting this lovely recipe.
- 1 cup canned blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven temp to 350F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in oats.
- To the dry ingredients, add eggs, salad oil and bananas; mix until combined.
- Distribute blueberries evenly through batter.
- Turn into greased and floured 8x5" loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min.
- Cool in pan 10 min.
- ,remove and cool completely before slicing.
- Yields: 1 loaf.