Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Foodgasms
Make and share this Banana Blueberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool for about 2 hours before slicing.