Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a recipe that several folks requested.
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup regular rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried banana pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350.
- mix the blueberries with 1T flour, set aside.
- blend 2 C flour, white sugar, baking powder, soda, salt & cinnamon to make dry mixture.
- combine 1/4 c flour with the oats, banana chips, brown sugar 2T butter and 1/4 t cinnamon to make the strusel topping - set aside.
- combine the wet ingredients.
- Then combine dry mixture into wet banana mixture until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spread batter into butter 5 x 9 " loav pan, sprinkle with streusel and press in.
- Bake for 60 - 70 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then use knife or spatula to loosen around edges. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.