Recipe by threeovens
Both my ladies love blueberry. One loves banana, but I will try to trick Lizzy into eating these.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (1 liter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder (1 milliliter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda (1 milliliter)
- 1 cup banana, peeled and chopped (250 milliliters)
- 1 cup blueberries, thawed if frozen (250 milliliters)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water (25 milliliters)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5 milliliters)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Use a food processor to combine banana, blueberry, oil, watern a large bowl, combine , egg, and vanilla.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use hands to knead the dough until it holds together; transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 2 pieces and shape each into a log; flatten the logs so that they are 4 inches wide.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the surface of the logs; place 4 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes; reduce oven to 300 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut both logs, crosswise, into 1/4-inch thick slices; place, cut side down, 1/2 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake until hard, another 30 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling racks and let cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.