1/1 Photo of Banana Blueberry Almond Oatmeal
After a lifetime of eating oatmeal with brown sugar and butter, I needed to find some new recipes that weren't out to kill me. This has no refined sugar and no fat beyond what comes from the almond ingredients. The banana is the "sweetener." Hope this helps someone else!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, divided (I used BlueDiamond Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze but listed the Vanilla for nutritional accurac)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free quick oats (Bob's Red Mill)
- 20 -25 whole almonds, chopped
- 20 -25 dried blueberries (or fresh depending on the season)
- 1/2 banana, mashed (ripe, small brown spots starting to appear)
- 1Place 1/2 cup of the almond milk in a small sauce pan and heat to boiling point.
- 2Stir in banana, almonds and oats.
- 3Reduce heat to simmer then add blueberries. Stir occasionally and gently if using fresh blueberries.
- 4Add additional almond milk as oatmeal thickens, until desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Oatmeal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Blueberry Almond Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
gluten-free quick oats