Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Girlfriend gave me this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted or oil)
- 2⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, corn syrup, egg and melted margarine. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Add blueberries. Spoon batter (1/4 cup at a time) into muffins cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon. Cut in margarine. Sprinkle topping over muffins. Makes 10 muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minute.
Good, easy to make. I would add some vanilla next time....
These were great! DH and FIL really loved them because they weren't too sweet. I am all about muffins loaded with fruit so I added another 1/2 banana and upped the blueberries to 1 full cup. When I make these again I will try and switch the whole wheat flour and ap flour measurements and probably add more blueberries. With all the add in's I ended up with 12 large muffins. Thanks Redsie for a new breakfast fave!!
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this.