- 1 lb banana blossom
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Discard tough outer layers and slice the blossom thinly, first cutting it in two lengthways if it is large.
- Put the slices in a bowl, sprinkle with a tablespoon of salt, rubbing it well inches Leave for 10-15 minutes, squeeze out juices, rinse under cold water and squeeze dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan and saute onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Add tomato, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add banana blossom and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as required.
- Cook until blossom is tender, then stir in coconut milk and remove from heat.
- Serve with rice.