Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From 125 Best Chocolate Chips Recipes. Haven't tried yet - but will soon!
Make and share this Banana Blondies With Chocolate Chips and Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9 inch metal baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and granulated and brown sugars until light and fluffly. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs and bananas, beating well. Add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown and starting to pull away from sides of pan. The center will be slightly soft to the touch.
- Let cool completely in pan or rack. Cut into bars.
Delicious! I used wholemeal flour, coconut oil and coconut sugar to replace flour, butter and sugar to make them a bit healthier and they are so yummy! I also left out the walnuts since I'm not a nut fan.
Not bad! I halved the recipe but still used one egg, and I omitted the chocolate chips and walnuts. The bars weren't as chewy as blondies, but they were chewier than banana bread. They still tasted good, though!
Heavenly! I agree with OrangeOctober that this wonderful recipe yields a light, fluffy, perfectly sweet banana bread-chocolate chip cookie bar hybrid. I used a mix of milk and white chocolate chips in lieu of the semi-sweet. I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks Redsie! -Kari