Recipe by Redsie
From 125 Best Chocolate Chips Recipes. Haven't tried yet - but will soon!
Top Review by Cassie M.
Delicious! I used wholemeal flour, coconut oil and coconut sugar to replace flour, butter and sugar to make them a bit healthier and they are so yummy! I also left out the walnuts since I'm not a nut fan.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9 inch metal baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and granulated and brown sugars until light and fluffly. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs and bananas, beating well. Add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown and starting to pull away from sides of pan. The center will be slightly soft to the touch.
- Let cool completely in pan or rack. Cut into bars.