Recipe by Sydney Mike
This unusual & interesting recipe comes from the internet! Great as a snack or dessert!
Top Review by Lalaloula
Mmmm, what a great concoction! The taste of these little treats is sooo good! Theyre sweet, fruity and coconutty with a great soft texture. Very much like a good truffle. :)
I made a few changes due to what I had on hand and personal preference: I used no sweetener at all as my bananas were sweet enough. Instead of mixed nuts I used a mix of seeds and almonds and somehow I only needed 1/4 cup of flour to make the dough stick together perfectly. I left my balls naked, but I think a coating of coconut or carob powder would have been nice, too. Ill try that next time.
All in all I ended up with 29 large balls from the full recipe and they were gone in a flash.
I found that the balls intensified in flavour after having been refrigerated.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this awesome recipe with us, Syd! Ill definitely make it again!
Made and reviewed for Make My Recipe Tag Game June 2011.
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup grated dry unsweetened coconut
- 2 large bananas
- 5 tablespoons agave syrup (or sweetner of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean, ground (in coffee grinder)
- 1 cup raw sprouted buckwheat flour
- 1 -2 cup desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Add nuts to food processor & process until fine.
- Add coconut, bananas, agave & vanilla, processing until smooth.
- Add buckwheat flour slowly through the chute until mixture thickens.
- Take a portion of this mix & roll into a small ball.
- Roll ball in desiccated coconut, repeating until all the mix is used, & close to 16 small balls have been rolled.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.