Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a unique and relatively healthy dessert
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup crouton
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Melt butter and mix with cinnamon.
- Toss with croutons and melt in toaster oven.
- Puree all other ingredients and pour into chilled bowls or mugs.
- Garnish with croutons.
- Serve immediately.
I made this for a small gathering. By what was left in the bowls, most people did not care for it. I like it. Really it is just a smoothy with croutons.
I had something similar to this at Sea Island resort in Georgia, and had to try this version. It brought back wonderful memories...a luxurious mouth feel, and a comforting flavor.